Sunday 5 April 2015

Asda Easter - Hot Cross Buns

Never having made hot cross buns before I accepted Asda'a Hot Cross Buns challenge. I expected them to be fiddly and messy.

I had one of The Little People staying and we got set into the ingredients and recipe Asda sent me.

Before bed on Thursday we mixed the dough and set it aside to double in size. 
Friday morning, Good Friday, we finished making the buns, rolling, second rising , putting on the crosses then baking.
Once out of the oven they were glazed and served straight away - eaten that quickly too!!
Next year I think I will be making a double or even triple recipe!

Thanks to Asda for the package of ingredients to make the hot cross buns. I was not paid to make them or write a positive review.  As usual all photos and opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Home made hot cross buns, perfect and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly didn't hang around long - blink and all gone!

      Delete
  2. I always make my own Hot Cross Buns, but this year, I was so busy that I bought some! Yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, first time I have made them too but they did all get eaten!

      Delete
  3. I didn't buy or bake any this year as we are both staying away from the sugar but these look so yummy Heidi and am sure your grand kids must have loved them! Manjiri - sliceoffme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually buy hot cross buns however Lizzie and I did have fun making them together and the boys loved eating them.

    ReplyDelete