Thursday 21 August 2014

Perk!er Certainly Perked Up My Summer

I rarely take holiday during the British Summer, preferring to stay home when the weather has a greater chance of being nice and holidaying later in the year when we lose our warm days.

Perk!er asked me to take part in their challenge to 'Perk Up My Summer' and I agreed.  I would receive a surprise box each week for four weeks in July and the brief was just to have fun.

Week 1 (see blog post: http://heidirobertskitchentalk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-perks-part-1.html for more details) sent us a picnic basket and rug with a flask and instant Perk!er porridge.

Week 2 (see blog post: http://heidirobertskitchentalk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-perks-week-2.html) when we received a huge super soaker water gun just in time for my grandson's 5th birthday party.  Not only did this surprise perk up my summer but the whole family's as well. It certainly was the hit of the party!

Week 3 I received everything to make and display a batch of cake pops!  This is something I will need to do with the grandchildren.  I am spending the weekend with all three of them and this will certainly get put to good use.
The final surprise box (week 4 of the challenge) arrived and I did laugh out loud.  Inside this one was a rounders bat, ball and goal cones.  Where were they getting their inspiration for these boxes?
My granddaughter visited last weekend and she and Grandad (Mr R) had a go throwing the ball and hitting it.  We are visiting my daughter next weekend for the little one's 2nd birthday and I will be taking this set with us for the boys to play with.


Many thanks to Perk!er for giving me the excuse to stop my everyday rushing around and have some fun and also to make sure I was having some healthy breakfast and snacks with Perk!er porridges and healthier snacks.

I was not paid to write anything and as usual all opinions and photos are my own.



 

 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds you and the family have had loads of fun with the Perk!er surprises. My kids would have gone crazy for that giant Nerf water pistol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun. I squeeled with delight at the water soaker!

      Delete
  2. Sounds very sensible staying at home during the summer when the weather is good and there is so much to do in the garden. Porridge sounds a bit of an odd one for this time of year, but as I love oats, I'd be happy to eat it any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun! I like the perkler range of goodies too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was good on both sides of the coin! Win Win!

    ReplyDelete