Monday 23 December 2013

Mashed potatoes with pizazzzzzz! - Cook&Co


Cook&Co sent me a few jars of their goose fat, the very thing that has revolutionised roast potatoes according to the most celebrated chefs and TV personalities.



From Cook&Co's suggested uses for their goose fat I decided to try it with mashed potatoes!

My mashed spuds are usually smooth, buttery and really comforting so it was a big leap of faith for me to vary perfection.

I boiled the potatoes and drained them then back into the pot and I added a couple of tablespoons at a time of the goose fat.  A little single cream, salt and pepper and whipping turned them into the most delicious, creamy clouds of perfect mashed potatoes!


I won't be going back to my old ways of making mashed potatoes but will always be using Cooks&Co goose fat.

I served the mashed potatoes with the little German sausages from Lidl and an onion gravy.  Mr R was indeed happy with this dinner!


Thanks to Cooks&Co for their goose fat.  I didn't receive payment to write this post and the opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment