Monday 4 November 2013

Get Your Wine Rack Ready for Xmas

It's time to start thinking about stocking up your wine rack or wine cupboard for Christmas.  I shall be bringing you details of some possibilites for filling up your wine storage ready for the holiday season.  First of all you can see there is some space on my wine rack.


To start my stocking up I have added these three bottles to my bottle rack.  They all are from Sainsburys.

Taste the Difference Barbera d'Asti (£7.99/75cl) This fruity red has a lovely soft texture and balances ripe blackberry and morello cherry flavours with silky tannins and racy acidity. This will be very popular at the Christmas dinner table. 

 
Mr R is the main red wine drinker in our house but I do like a full a nice glass of red with my meal.
 
I am more of a white wine drinker and will really enjoy this offering.
 
A crisp and fruity white this will make a lovely contrast to the Barbera D'Asti above, the Taste the Difference Sancerre (£12.49/75cl) is a Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley is the perfect accompaniment to a light starter, or with white meats (handy with turkey).


I think sweet dessert wines are often overlooked but make a great finish with your dessert. Sainsbury's Winemakers' Selection Muscat de St Jean de Minervois (£4.99/37.5cl) is a lusciously sticky dessert wine with honeyed apricot and orange peel flavours is just what you need to  go with any Christmas pudding or cake and if you can't manage anymore food, it is equally delicious and indulgent on its own.

These wines will be the first to help fill in the empty spaces on my wine rack and I will be reporting on any other additions as they arrive.

I was sent these wines by Sainsbury's but was not obliged to write about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment