Tuesday 29 November 2011

Russell Hobbs

Tonight was originally supposed to be a bloggers event put on by (www.circle.com) Circle Beaconsfield for Russell Hobbs (www.Russellhobbs.com) in London and I was all geared up to go but it got cancelled for some reason.  I was going to include the two products I have been sent in by Russell Hobbs in the relevant blog so have decided to tell you about them now anyway.

I was looking to get a new hand mixer and saw the Russel Hobbs one used at a blog event in the summer so I asked them if I could try out theirs.  I really like it.  It is a good weight, some hand mixers are so light they don't feel like they have any power at all.  The one is from the new Allure range and is a pleasure to own.


It has removable beaters and dough hooks and 350w of power.  It has 6 speeds and an LCD screen with visual timer.  the instruction booklet that came with it was easy to read and understand and has quite a few easy, contemporary recipes with no frills.

The brushed chrome finish with black accents fits in really well in my kitchen (deor of cream, black and red).

They also sent me the new allure 2 in 1 salt and pepper grinder. It takes 4 x AA batteries which were not included but were easily installed and once installed you are ready to grind.  It has ceramic grinding heads with adjustable grinding size option.  It is also brushed chrome finish so matches the hand mixer beautifully.  The grinder system comes with a horizontal stand for storage.

I have however decided to put black pepper corns in the one end and My Secret Kitchen Szechuan Pepper Pot in the other.  In my house all salt grinders get clogged up due to condensation which is rather annoying.  This is a common result with salt grinders in our house.

I was hoping to view some more of the Allure range tonight but will just have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, what a shame it got cancelled. I liked this whisk too of all the products I've tried in the range. Ren

    ReplyDelete