Sunday 21 December 2014

Our Christmas with a little help from Aldi!

I was asked to do some shopping in Aldi to get things for our Christmas meals.  I was  pleased to see the wide range of Christmas food they had in my local store even so close to Christmas.

They have a wide range of frozen treats that will appeal to every tastebud as well as a fantastic selection in the chilled section.  I will make sure there is lots to nibble while I finish off in the kitchen and the family can have a tasty bit too.
 
We will have a platter full of smoked salmon, pate and these luxury prawns for our starter.
 
We usually do turkey but I thought a 5 Bird Roast would be a lovely change.  This way we all get the meat we like best; chicken, turkey, pheasant, duck and goose, mmmm can't wait. The roast is frozen and comes in its own foil try for cooking, saving one washing up job.
The potatoes will of course be roasted in goose fat, it makes the best, crispy potatoes.
I will be making my traditional cranberry relish to serve with the 5 Bird Roast .
Aside from a lovely cheese board we will have plenty of cold cuts for Christmas evening for nibbling on and sandwiches.
We will have loads of Prosecco, wines and spirits to drink and just in case we over do the festivities Aldi have something for those morning after headaches too!!
 
I received vouchers from Aldi to purchase these products. As usual all opinions and photos are my own!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment