Saturday 30 November 2013

Surprise Suffolk Family Pub Lunch


I love alpacas and after seeing a TV programme about an alpaca farm in Suffolk I wanted to visit the place on our weekend visit to my daughter who lives in Ipswich with her husband and two sons.  I contacted the alpaca farm through their Facebook page and they said come on down we are open both days.

Well we were very disappointed with the welcome we got, we didn't feel welcome at all and left looking for somewhere to get some lunch.

We had passed a few interesting looking pubs on the way to the alpaca farm and on the way back chose the Kings Head in Yoxford completely by chance.

We couldn't have been made more welcome and it seemed we arrived just in time!

Within the next thirty minutes the dining area filled right up and I would say when the locals fill a dining room for Sunday lunch it must be good!

The staff looked after us really well and made a fuss of the children making sure we had everything we needed for them.

For starters we ordered a baked camambert cheese with onion chutney and placed it in the middle of the table with a plate of extra bread slices.  It gave us all something to nibble on while we waited for the main courses.


The food was locally sourced where possible (eg Suffolk ham and more).

The food and fun we had follows below:
 
"I can cut it myself Nanny, I don't need help!"

Boy G happily munching on his child's meal whilst mum has some camembert

Mr R waiting patiently for his lunch

Liver and bacon with mashed potatoes and onion gravy - Mr R's favourite!

Local Suffolk Ham, Egg & Chips

Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon with BBQ Sauce and topped with cheese

Long as I am eating I am happy!

Sunday Roast Pork

Master Cheeky!!

Serious son-in-law!

Lunchtime Heaven - Liver & Bacon and a fresh pint of Adnams bitter!
 
If you are in Suffolk, north of Woodbridge and the A12 I would recommend you try the Kings Head in Yoxford for some excellent food and some lovely draught beer from the nearby Adnams brewery in Southwold.
 
If you are travelling from a distance I would recommend you book for Sunday Lunch - you can ring them on 01728 668871 or email them.


No comments:

Post a Comment