Tuesday 29 October 2013

What's your favourite sandwich?

Recently I was at The Cake and Bake show and one of the stalls was the well known jam makers Duerr's.  Duerr’s is the oldest family owned jam maker in England, making quality preserves to their family recipes for over 130 years

 
Whilst chatting with one of the women on the stand I noticed that they made peanut butter, both smooth and crunchy.  I always thought it was only jams and marmalades.

I love peanut butter in sandwiches, cakes, cookies and bars.

The woman I was talking to asked me what was my favourite jam and without hesitating I said raspberry especially paired with peanut butter.  With this in mind she gave me a jar of both raspberry jam and peanut butter.

And with those I will be enjoying peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

You can either put jam in one slice of bread and peanut butter on the other or do it my way, a small amount of butter on each piece.
 

Spread one piece quite liberally with peanut butter.

A couple of spoonfuls of jam on the peanut butter and swirl with a knife.

 Place the second piece of bread on the peanut butter and jam and cut into triangles.
 

And enjoy with a cup of coffee or a nice cold glass of milk! This makes the perfect office lunch or me or school lunch for little people.



Thanks Duerr's for the peanut butter and raspberry jam. I didn't receive any payment for this post and the opinions are my own.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment