Sunday 30 June 2013

Book Launch for Sushi at Home by Yuki Gomi

 
I have already written about Yuki Gomi, Japanese cookery teacher and now cook book writer.  I recently wrote a book review of Yuki's book and recently Yuki held the formal book launch to mark the official launch of the book.


Yuki is such a lovely person and it was not surprising how many friends and contacts she had attending the launch. 

My friend Val came with me to the launch (or should I say Bal - the name Yuki wrote in Val's copy of her book as they don't have a 'V' in Japanese!). Val had never tasted sushi that didn't come from the supermarket before and thoroughly enjoyed it!


I was glad to have the opportunity to get my copy of Yuki's book signed as well.


The cocktails were made with Japanese sake also a vodka and citrus liqueur.



Yuki gave a very quick demonstration of an inside out sushi roll (recipe in the book) and there was lots of sushi and sashimi being passed around.

 
 
 
Yuki used a lot of ingredients in her classes from Clearspring and they were at the launch to tell us all about their range of organic products. 



Both Val and I had a lovely time at the book launch, thanks Yuki for inviting us. Good luck with the book!






No comments:

Post a Comment