Tuesday 5 June 2012

Simple Sunday Supper

After watching the Jubilee celebrations quite a lot of the day and a quick trip to the local pub I wanted to do an easy supper for Mr R and myself.



Quick check in the fridge and I took out ready rolled puff pastry, a package of parma ham, mozarella cheese, fresh pesto and My Secret Kitchen Tapenade with Smoked Garlic and from the cupboard a jar with one red pepper and 1/2 a jar of artichokes in oil (which I drained)

I laid the pastry on a flat Pampered Chef rectangular baking stone and scored the edges with a knife about an inch from the edge all round (this lets the edges rise up and gives a nice border).

First I smeared the base with the tapenade then sprinkled the rest of the ingredients in the following order:-
pesto, chopped pepper, artickoke, slices of parma ham and torn pieces of mozarella.


Topped the piece with fresh basil leaves rougly torn,


then into a hot oven (200oC) for about 15-18 minutes.  Serve with a crisp green salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment